Post 9 in the series: Recommended Productivity Tools
I acknowledge that I don’t use paper clips much. But I still have a need for them every now and them, so I find it useful to keep them around.
The key point here is not to get the metal ones. There’s no substantial reason for that. It’s just that the vinyl coated ones look a bit nicer and so contribute to a better work environment.
You can get the vinyl coated ones in black or assorted colors.
I have super glue around at home (but not at work) because every once in a while you need it to repair something, and I’ve found my desk drawer as good a place as any to keep it.
The key here, in my view, is not to get odd-shaped, large containers. The small tubes are just fine. You can get instant Krazy glue or Elmer’s Super Glue or Super Glue Gel or any such thing. I have a tube of the Scotch Super Glue Gel and find it works just fine, and doesn’t take up too much room:
Posts in This Series
- Recommended Productivity Tools: An Introduction
- The Tools You Need to Have (And Where to Keep Them)
- Recommended In Boxes
- Recommended Capture Journals
- Recommended Pens
- Recommended Pencils and Paper Pads
- Recommended Staplers, Staple Removers, and Tape
- Recommended Scissors, Letter Openers, and Post-Its
- Recommended Paper Clips and Super Glue
- Not Recommended: Desktop Organizer Things
- Recommended Chairs and Waste Baskets
- Recommended Labelers and File Folders
- Recommended File Cabinets and Bookshelves