Core Management Assumptions
- People are in the image of God and should be treated as such.
- People are economic, social, psychological, and spiritual.
- Each person is gifted uniquely and enduringly.
- Each person’s area of greatest opportunity and growth is in their strengths.
Increase the scope of freedom in which people are self-directing, while providing feedback and accountability on results, plus helpful systems and structures.
This is holistic, ecological (everything is related), developmental (you have to do some things before other things), and people-oriented (rather than thing-oriented).
- Guiding concepts
- Skills and Style
Six Conditions of Empowerment
- Win-win performance agreements
- Helpful structure and systems
- Planning & budgeting
- Recruiting and selection
- Job design
- Performance management
- Training and developing
- Lateral work processes