If you’re interested in inviting Matt to speak at your event or run a workshop for your staff, or if you just want more information about topics and availability, please let us know:
About Matt Perman
An energizing and relatable speaker, Matt has spoken to thousands of people at events, churches, businesses, universities, and non-profits.
Events and organizations where he has spoken include Catalyst Labs, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, the Austin Stone, the Desiring God National Conference, Cornell University Cru, General Mills, Acts 29 Orange County, The Gospel Coalition National Conference, The Gospel at Work, and many more. He is also a frequent guest on radio interviews and podcasts. In addition to keynote messages and media appearances, Matt provides productivity and leadership training workshops for churches, businesses, and non-profits.
In his speaking and training, Matt aims to provide best-in-class productivity skills while also showing the biblical foundations and motives that drive our productivity. He believes that this is crucial to how the gospel changes the world: Christians bringing the gospel into their work not through high-pressure evangelism or tacky trinkets, but through good work that is done with excellence and driven by the love for others that the gospel creates. The result is greater meaning, increased effectiveness, and the advancement of God’s purposes in the world.
Matt is co-founder of What’s Best Next, which he started to help Christians excel in doing good for the world through productive work and God-centered living. Prior to that, he served at Desiring God for 13 years in several different leadership roles, including director of strategy and director of internet ministries, and at Made to Flourish as director of marketing.
He is the author of the bestseller What’s Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done and has more books on the way.
MOST REQUESTED TOPICS
Matt is able to speak on most aspects of theology, leadership, management, and personal productivity. Some of his most commonly requested topics are:
Faith and Work
- Faith and Work Integration
- Evangelism and the Workplace
- How the Gospel Changes the Culture
- Faith and Technology
- What Is Leadership, and How Do We Do It Well?
- Gospel-centered Leadership
- Creating Healthy, Gospel-centered Work Environments
- Making Meetings Better than Movies
- Other Professional Skills
- Gospel-driven Entrepreneurship
- Web Strategy and Usability
- Information Architecture
- Discerning Your Vocation
- The Gospel and Personal Productivity
- Email Management
- Creating Your Life Plan
- Generosity as the Key to Effectiveness
- Planning Your Week
- Mission, Roles, and Goals
NOVEMBER 14, 2017
Cornerstone Wealth, Grand Rapids, MI. "What’s Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done."
JANUARY 13-18, 2018
Disciple Guide Church Leaders Cruise. "Gospel-Driven Leadership."
SELECT PREVIOUS ENGAGEMENTS
- Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York City. Full-day personal effectiveness staff training.
- Center for Faith and Work Entrepreneurship Initiative, New York City. "Prayer as the (Non-Superficial) Power of Entrepreneurship."
- Christ Community Church, Kansas City. Full-day personal effectiveness and team dynamics staff training.
- The Gospel Coalition National Conference. "The Gospel and Money" workshop.
- Desiring God National Conference. "Zealous for Good Works: Productivity in the Light of Justification by Faith Alone" workshop.
- Catalyst Labs, Atlanta. "All the Good You Can: How the Gospel Changes the Way You Lead, Get Things Done, and Change the World."
- Austin Stone Community Church conference on faith and work. "How Do You Live Out the Gospel at Work?"
What Others Are Saying
"It was so great! Matt is an excellent speaker, and although I have read his book, it made me want to read it again after listening to him."
— Jenn, university professor
"Our church staff had Matt to come in for a full day workshop and it was phenomenal. He helped our staff realize ways they could be more effective as well as efficient in doing ministry. Since the workshop, I've noticed people using their time more wisely in the daily work around the office and they are still referring to some of the techniques they learned. I would recommend Matt and the What's Best Next teaching for any church staff."
- Stacey Bearden, Providence Church
"I had high expectations, and this content exceeded my expectations. It got very high praise from everyone, but especially key members of our church who were blessed and served by the event. Matt’s ability to pivot between the business world and ministry/theology and practicality is really rare and immensely helpful."
- Eric, pastor
"Matt Perman applies Christianity to work like nobody I've seen. Beautiful, fascinating. Christians in all fields, do this!"
- Amy, author
"You made our Christians in business dinner a great success."
- Michael, event coordinator
"I talk about your training with our team all the time."