One crucial aspect of productivity is getting into the context where you can be the most productive—which means getting the right job. When it comes to the job hunt, resumes are still an essential tool.
So here are six resume dos and don’ts from Brian Brenberg, chair of the program in business and finance at The King’s College. The six tips are:
- Don’t fudge the facts
- Do include jobs you think nobody cares about
- Don’t make spelling and grammar mistakes
- Do invite people to critique your work
- Don’t assume a good resume will get you a job
- Do know your resume inside and out
You can also watch him discuss the points in this video segment. Brenberg is always entertaining and insightful—the best possible combination!