A Special Message from Matt Perman
My mission in life is to build up Christians in the faith so they might point people to Christ, transform their communities, and do all the good they can to the glory of God.
The chief way I aim to do this is through public theology––leveraging the writing, teaching, and organizational gifts God’s given me through various media, speaking, and consulting opportunities. For 13 years this was expressed in different roles at Desiring God, including leading the web department, serving as director of strategy, and helping build the ministry for greater spreading.
Over the past few years, my two biggest projects have been publishing What’s Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done and creating content for WhatsBestNext.com, a resource site focused on applying theology to leadership, management, and the world of work. I have also been doing a lot of speaking at churches, conferences, non-profits, and businesses.
Your Help: Why and Why Now?
With the humbling success of What’s Best Next and the passionate feedback I receive, one thing has become increasingly and compellingly clear: there is a deep hunger for more training in these areas––especially in the realms of gospel-empowered productivity and management.
Many Christians today are hungry to do work that matters, but they’re simply overwhelmed. They want to honor God and serve people in their work, but aren’t always sure how to do that with less friction and frustration.
I believe What’s Best Next has a role to play in meeting this need, but I keep hitting two major roadblocks:
- I can’t expand these ministry initiatives on my own
- Living expenses and family commitments prevent significant financial investment
In order to dedicate my full-time attention in this next season, I need help from a team of generous catalysts. I created this GoFundMe campaign to ask if you’d consider a gift of support to make the following strategic projects possible.
What Your Support Will Accomplish
Your generous support will enable the following:
- Producing an online training course in Gospel-Driven Productivity (GDP)
- Creating a much-requested book on GDP (more accessible than What’s Best Next)
- Editing, organization, and making available over 600 unpublished articles on theology, leadership, management, and the world of work––all from a gospel-centered perspective. These will be free on WhatsBestNext.com
- Start-up funds for building a WBN team
What Supporters Will Receive
If you’re able to support these efforts, I want to say thank-you in the following ways:
- For gifts over $25, you will receive a free digital copy of the GDP book (when finished)
- For gifts over $100, the book and free access to the online course (when finished, estimated $250 value).
- For gifts over $500, the book, the course, and a free coaching session in the realm of personal leadership and personal management that customizes GDP for you.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of this opportunity. I am deeply appreciative of your support.
In Christ our Savior,