How the Gospel Should Shape Your Web Strategy, Not Just Your Web Content – My Message at the Christian Web Conference
Here’s the message I gave at the Christian Web Conference on “How the Gospel Should Shape Your Web Strategy — Not Just Your Web Content”:
Here are some of the things I talk about:
- A few words on my upcoming book, and how technology and productivity practices exist to amplify our ability to do good.
- What usability is.
- Why there is a biblical case for making our websites (and everything else we do!) usable and helpful to people.
- The process we went through creating the major redesign of the Desiring God website of 2006 on the basis of sound usability principles.
- Some of the (perhaps unorthodox!) extreme productivity measures involved the including 90 hour weeks and three all-nighters in a row.
- On the necessity of avoiding the self-protective mindset in organizations in order to keep the user and people you serve first.
- How it is Christian to make websites usable and doing good workmanship in general.
- Reducing friction so ideas can spread.
- 5 principles for making websites usable.
- A few words on why ministries should post everything online for free.
- And other stuff!